Battery Use Disclaimer
Please read this before purchasing our battery related products. You must agree it before purchasing.
BATTERY WARNING AGREEMENT
● Please realize that batteries might cause damages like leaking, fire or explode when misuse or defective.
● It is your responsibility to double check and make sure your devices have necessary protection circuits.
● When charging Battery Pack, please use the compatible solar charge controller shipped with the battery. Controller is programmed to match the battery type. Always charge in an isolated area, away from other flammable materials such as carpet, wood, paper etc.
● We are NOT responsible for any damages caused by using our products.
● You must always follow the manufacturer's use and care instructions and all applicable laws and regulations.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS For LI-ION/POLYMER BATTERIES
● You must read these safety instructions and warnings before using or charging your batteries.
● Lithium Polymer and Li-ion batteries are volatile Failure to read and follow the below instructions may result in fire, personal injury and damage to property if charged or used improperly.
● By purchasing Lithium Polymer and Li-ion battery, the buyer assumes all risks associated with lithium batteries. If you do not agree with these conditions, please return the battery immediately before use.
● Li-Ion and Polymer battery & packs may explode and cause fire if misuse or defective. We require all Li-ion batteries & packs buyers must be professionals and have capability to handle an emergency.
● Must follow our instruction exactly which is listed on manufacturer’s product page to control charging and discharging current.
● When charging Battery Pack, please charge with supplied solar charge controller. Please don't leave battery pack and charger on the wood material or carpet and unattended.
● Must keep Li-Ion & Polymer battery pack away from children.
● Do not build your own battery pack or charger. Always use those specific to your battery and manufactured with a UL certification. Do not modify a charger.
● Never make wrong polarity connection when charging and discharging battery packs. Always double check polarity of battery connector to make sure red wire to red wire and black wire to black wire.
● Do not mix and use old batteries and new batteries, or batteries with different brand names.
● Lithium batteries has its cycle life, please replace old battery with new one when it reaches it's service life or when it is three year old, whichever comes first.
● Test battery properties is your own responsibility. Please test Li-Ion battery you bought from us before using or sell to your customer to ensure battery can be operated properly and safely in your device. For more information, please contact the manufacturer directly.
● Do not use batteries that are damaged, peeling, punctured, dented, or cosmetically altered
● Always use a smart charger with protection circuits
General Guidelines and Warnings
● Use specific Lithium Polymer/Li-ion charger only. Do not use a NiMH or NiCd charger- Failure to do so may a cause fire, which may result in personal injury and property damage.
● Never charge batteries unattended. When charging LiPo/Li-ion batteries you should always remain in constant observation to monitor the charging process and react to potential problems that may occur.
● Some LiPo/Li-ion chargers on the market may have technical deficiencies that may cause it to charge the LiPo/Li-ion batteries incorrectly or at an improper rate. It is your responsibility solely to assure the charger you purchased works properly. Always monitor charging process to assure batteries are being charged properly. Failure to do so may result in fire.
● If at any time you witness a battery starting to balloon, swell up, smoke or hot, discontinue charging process immediately, disconnect the battery and observe it in a safe place for approximately 15 minutes. This may cause the battery to leak, and the reaction with air may cause the chemicals to ignite, resulting in fire.
● Since delayed chemical reaction can occur, it is best to observe the battery as a safety precaution. Observation should occur in a safe area outside of any building or vehicle and away from any combustible material.
● Wire lead shorts can cause fire! If you accidentally short the wires, the battery must be placed in a safe area for observation for approximately 15 minutes. Additionally, if a short occurs and contact is made with metal (such as rings on your hand), severe injuries may occur due to the conductibility of electric current.
● A battery can still ignite even after 10 minutes.
● In the event of any damage due to dropping the charger, you must remove battery for observation and place in a safe open area away from any combustible material for approximately 15 minutes.
● Do not cut any terminal wires or solder any connections.
● Never store or charge battery pack inside your car in extreme temperatures, since extreme temperature could ignite fire.
● Never drop the batteries.
● Never modify the batteries.
● Do not use a damaged charger or one which has been dropped
● Keep the batteries clean
● Do not re-wrap batteries
● We suggest you put the battery in an enclosure to protect it from damages by liquid, accident or dropping from height accidentally.
● Never charge batteries unattended.
● Put battery in the metal enclosure and charge in an isolated area, away from other flammable materials. Always have fire extinguisher for emergency use.
● Do not overcharge batteries
● Keep batteries and chargers away from children and pets
● Do not charge batteries overnight
● Do not charge your batteries or device with a phone, tablet, or standard USB port.
● Do not modify, remove or disable security features of your charger or device
● Charge on a flat surface and ventilated area.
● Let battery cool down to ambient temperature before charging.
● Do not charge batteries packs in series. Charge each battery pack individually. Failure to do so may result in incorrect battery recognition and charging functions. Overcharging may occur,
● Selecting a cell count other than the one printed on the battery (always confirm label is correct), can cause fire.
● You must select the charge rate current that does not exceed the battery's allowed charging current. (Please double check the battery's specification)
Storage & Transportation
● Store battery at room temperature between 40 and 80 degrees F for best results.
● Do not expose battery pack to direct sunlight (heat) for extended periods.
● When transporting or temporarily storing in a vehicle, temperature range should be greater than 20 degrees F but no more than 150 degrees F.
● Storing battery at temperatures greater than 170 degrees F for extended periods of time (more than 2 hours) may cause damage to battery and possible fire.
● Do not stack batteries
● Do not carry loose batteries in your car
● Keep batteries away from metal objects (keys, coins, jewelry, cell phones etc.)
● Keep batteries away from flammable material
● Keep batteries in their case or other insulated material
● Periodically check batteries for signs of wear and tear. If observed, dispose of the batteries.
● Do expose batteries to moisture, direct sunlight or unsafe temperature
● Charge battery with good quality Lithium Polymer charger. A poor-quality charger can be dangerous and must not be used.
● Set voltage and current correctly (failure to do so can cause fire).
● Please check cell voltage after the first charge.
■ BAT1250/12100: 12.6V (12.4V to 12.6V)
● Use caution to avoid puncture of the cell. Puncture of cells may cause a fire.
● Charging the battery every 2 months to keep it fresh if you don't use it.
Operating Charging Temperature:
32 to 113-degree F
Discharge: 32 to 140-degree F
1) Let battery cool down to an ambient temperature before charging.
2) During discharge and handling of batteries, do not exceed 160-degree F.
Batteries that lose 20% of their capacity must be removed from service and disposed of properly. We recommend that you inspect and replace your batteries often. Batteries which have been stored and not placed in service for 2 months should be discarded and not be charged or used.
3rd party battery warranty is limited to those of the manufacturer. Please refer to the manufacturer website for details. Warranty does not cover collateral damage. Misuse, abuse, incorrect charging and other inappropriate use (failure to strictly follow the safety warnings and instructions set forth above and contained on the manufacturer's website) of this product are not covered under any warranty. Hinovision Solutions LLC, Linovision and their affiliates make and extend no warranties or representations.